In recent years the espresso tonic has risen to become a trendy summer drink, earning itself a spot as a fresh classic. Crisp, fruity and bubbly, we’ve got an awesome recipe just for you featuring our fruity Signature blend. Feel free to craft it with or without a coffee liqueur, it’s your call.
What you’ll need:
Our personal favourite recipe:
- 18g ground coffee in; 36 - 40g brewed espresso out
- 26 - 30 second extraction
- Set the espresso aside to cool while you assemble the other ingredients
- Fill your glass to the top with ice cubes
- Pour in the tonic water until your glass is about ¾ filled
- Optional step: pour a shot of coffee liqueur into your brewed espresso
- Optional step: add vanilla syrup to your espresso and liqueur mixture to add extra sweetness
- Pour the espresso mixture slowly over the tonic to create a contrasting effect between the dark layer of coffee and the tonic underneath
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
More about the fruity Signature espresso blend
Signature espresso is our speciality grade blend, specially crafted for coffee drinkers seeking a bright and light coffee experience. Fruity and medium-bodied, if you enjoy a cup with a bit of a tang you’ll love its complex acidity, enhanced by hints of vanilla, caramelised apple and hazelnut.